Friday, October 30, 2009

Girls Trip

My friend from college, Melissa, moved back to her home state of New Jersey about two years ago and I have been dying to get back up there to see her ever since. So, when I found out I was pregnant, I told Travis that I wanted to go before the baby was born. When I found out I was having twins, I decided that I needed to go NOW while I still could. I called my friend Amy, our other partner in crime, and began working on our speedy getaway. Amazingly our schedules all worked and the husbands were very accommodating to keep the children (6 between us). We had three great days together. We went into the city, saw Mary Poppins on Broadway, shopped, saw the sights, ate good food, and enjoyed the beautiful fall leaves in northern New Jersey. I loved every last minute of it, knowing how even more precious these memories will be to reflect upon when I am home with TWO newborns:)


Rockefeller Center

Central Park

The leaves in Caldwell, NJ

The now-famous (thanks to Cake Boss on TLC) Carlo's Bakery in Hoboken, NJ